Who doesn’t like a pool in their house? It’s a great facility to have fun during summers for friends and family get together, for organising a pool party, or simply have a pool-side barbeque party under the night sky. The reasons to have a pool are endless. It is not uncommon for the pool to become a central place of meeting for all family members as well as friends and family. However, owning a pool also comes with the responsibility of regular maintenance. It is important to keep the maintenance of a pool in check. In Sydney, pool painting is of utmost importance due to the unpredictability of the weather. These maintenance activities keep the premise of the pool clean, free from dust, leaves, and other debris. Pool painting keeps cool, looks new, and helps in beautifying it.
Investing in pool covers in Sydney is highly beneficial in protecting the pool Painting it is also a good method to protect the pool premises and also maintain the area, keeping the mould, mildew, and fungus at bay. If you are looking for tips on DIY pool painting, keep on reading:
Tips for DIY Pool Painting
Opting for Sydney’s best pool service means professionals do the job using industry-leading paints, special equipment, and skilled technicians, who paint with precision. However, for those who prefer to do it themselves, here are a few tips:
- Homeowners can select from three types of coatings like water-based acrylic, chlorine or synthetic rubber, or epoxy which are all highly suitable for aquatic surfaces.
- Self-priming paints help reduce the time needed to complete the job and also help reduce the cost since it eliminates the need to purchase a primer.
- Check the type of coating prior to selecting a compatible paint. It is quite common for a swimming pool to have several layers of paint or coating. The thickness of the coat may also vary as can the ability for the paint to adhere.
- If the surface has any signs of deterioration it should ideally be resurfaced first. This will ensure the coating adheres to the surface.
- Preparation is very important prior to paint the pool. It is important to first drain it and allow it to dry.
- Clear the debris if any. It is vital you complete a visual inspection of the pool to check for peeling of paint, cracks, chips, and surface defects.
- Scrape the peelings, chipped paint, flaking if found.
- Protective gear like rubber gloves and eyewear is essential when handling the paint since it consists of chemicals that can be harmful.
- It is vital to check for moisture prior to starting with the paint job. One of the popular DIY techniques is to use duct tape in various places on the pool surface like in the shallow regions and in the deepened as well as on the walls and places that are in the shade. If it appears moist after 4 to 5 hours; wait for it to dry.
- The temperature should be appropriate too for the paint job to be effective. If the temperature is too low the paint will become viscous while if it is hot the paint will blister. The ideal temperature for painting is between 10 to 30 degrees Celsius.
- Not all paint products require a second coat hence first check the product specifications prior to going ahead with this. Also, ensure you apply the coat within 48 hours for it to be effective.
Pool painting is a task that can be taken-up by homeowners however, they should have the necessary skills, knowledge, and patience to do so. For example, it is vital you allow the paint to dry prior to filling it up for use. The professional pool painters are experts when it comes to painting, maintaining equipment for heating, cooling, and pumping, etc. Simply Google, ‘pool cleaning services near me’ and you can find a lot of reliable and trustworthy pool services that help you in maintaining the most beautiful space of your house.