Are you planning to buy opal rings from Opal sales in Australia? If that’s your plan, then you might need full-on education on the right way to buy opal in Australia. If you aren’t already an opal expert, buying genuine Australian opals for sale can be a very daunting task, and a little guide can come in handy to help you make the right choice.
The first step to educating yourself about Genuine Australian Opals is to read as much as you can about Opals.
It is good to be able to identify a doublet from a triplet or even a solid opal.
Here are different types of genuine Australian opal:
- Black Opals – They are technically the Rolls-Royce of opal town. They are way more expensive in comparison to other Opals, especially taking into consideration their status and rarity. They are considered the creme de la creme of the world of opals as they have a dark body tone.
- Boulder Opals are more known as the lesser-known cousin of black Opals. We have equally stunning colour and tone; however, they also do have thin veins of ironstone as a backing. The prices are much lesser in comparison to the Black Opals.
- White opals have a milky body tone. And they are far more commonly found. The white body tone causes the colour to be less bright, while a high-quality wide open can be especially captivating.
- Crystal Opals are of more transparent or translucent quality, and they are used to add value to a stone to combine it with another significantly great colour.
How to go about selecting an Opal?
- Pick a kind of stone that appeals the most to you – even though its stone can vary with individual personality and rarity as well as cost, being able to choose a stone that most appeals to you and wife’s with your own individual personality are one way to buy opal in Australia.
- Consider the purpose of the opal – when you go look at open stones at online opal sales in Australia, it is important to understand the purpose of its use. The right shape and size is a very important factor to consider when buying a genuine Australian opal stone.
- Consider its brilliance – Another very important factor to consider is the Opals brilliance. The better the colour and the body tone, the brighter the brilliance. So, choose a beautiful and brilliant colour.
- Consider the certificate of authenticity – it’s very easy to get duped by any website that claims to sell Opals. Always ask for a science certificate of authenticity alongside your open for insurance purposes and also if you consider reselling that in the future.
- Look for cracks and faults – Another important aspect to check when buying a genuine Australian Opal is a cheque for the cracks and faults. If there are any cracks or faults on the opal, the vendor must clearly state it in the certification. Get it checked prior to making a purchase. It is also important not to mistaken a natural formation of line in your opal for cracks.
These are some of the most lesser spoken about the door and educate themselves before trying to buy genuine Australian opal and at opal sales in Australia.